|Headquarters||Fuzhou, Fujian Province, China|
South East (Fujian) Motor Co., Ltd., trading as Soueast, is a Chinese automobile manufacturing company, and a joint venture between Japanese Mitsubishi Motors, Chinese Fujian Motor Industry Group, and Taiwanese China Motor Corporation.
Its cars are license-built versions of Mitsubishi and Chrysler designs some of which bear the Mitsubishi brand. While Mitsubishi-branded models are among it product line, own-brand vehicles are as well.
As of early 2011 per year production capacity stood at near 180,000, but this was set to rise to 300,000 with the completion of current construction, which may have been finished by early 2012. Production capacity figures may count both whole vehicles and engines.
Itself a joint venture, Soueast has part ownership of another, Fujian Daimler-Chrysler, which makes minivans (MPVs). As of June 2010 Soueast, with half of the ownership, is the majority owner. Daimler AG owns 33.78% and Taiwanese Zhonghua owns 16.22%.
Soueast has at least one production base in Qingkou city, Minhou County, Fuzhou, Fujian province. This location has probably been expanded three times with the second phase possibly completed c. 2009, as that year saw a 150% increase in units produced. As of early 2011, total yearly production capacity for all sites was forecast to soon reach 300,000 with the completion of the base's third phase. February 2012 production was 37% higher than that of the previous year, which may reflect this additional capacity coming online.
- Mitsubishi Galant
- Mitsubishi Jung Court
- Mitsubishi Lancer
- Mitsubishi Zinger
- Soueast Delica minivan
- Soueast Ling
- Soueast Ling Yu
- Soueast V3
- Soueast V5
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Mitsubishi Motors to invest in South East (Fujian) Motor Co., Ltd. of China Mitsubishi Official Site, April 12, 2006
- ↑ Affiliated Companies - China Motor Corporation Yulon Group Official Site
- ↑ Affiliated Companies - South East (Fujian) Motor Co., Ltd. Yulon Group Official Site
- ↑ Dodge Teaming Up with SouEast Motors chinacartimes.com, 05/31/2007
- ↑ Soueast Motor wins Iranian export deal chinadaily.com.cn, 2008-01-04]
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Lagging far behind, Mitsubishi looks to new joint partnership chinadaily.com.cn, 2010-11-15
- ↑ Car owners share what fuels buying decisions chinadaily.com.cn, 2010-04-24
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 "CHINA'S SOUEST MOTORS TO BEGIN THIRD-PHASE PLANT AFTER FESTIVAL", Rhodes (Jan 25, 2011).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 About Us - History South East Motor Official Site
- ↑ 1.6 Mitsubishi ASX flying into China soon chinacartimes.com, December 6, 2010
- ↑ Business in brief - Mar. 25 people.com.cn, March 25, 2008
- ↑ Activities by Region, Asia, 2009 Mitsubishi Official Site
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 BAIC planning to buy Fujian Daimler-Chrysler chinacartimes.com, 9 June 2010
- ↑ "Activities by Region: Asia, ASEAN and other regions". 2010. pp. 2 (18).
- ↑ "Mitsubishi Motors announces production, sales and export figures for February 2012", Mitsubishi Motors (March 29, 2012). Retrieved on June 28, 2012.