|St.Albans Steam and Vintage Show|
|Fowler SRL Carry On at the 2009 Rally|
|Promoter||Herts Steam Club Ltd|
| In aid of|
|Local industrial Preservation Society and Club Funds|
|Date held on||Last Weekend of May|
| Attendance numbers|
|Next Event Date||2010|
|First Event was held in (year)||?|
|Last Event was held in (year)|
|No. of years held||43rd rally (2009)|
|New Site (Formerly at Leighton Buzzard)|
|Events Web Site||www.hertssteam.org|
The St.Albans Steam and Vintage Show is held at the end of May, at Oaklands College St.Albans, Hertfordshire. The event was formerly the Leighton Buzzard Bypass Rally till its move to St. Albans in 2009. The Rally is organised by the Hertfordshire Steam Engine Preservation Society to raise money for local Industrial Preservation charities and good causes in the area with other local groups providing assistance with the gates, car parking etc..
The 2009 event was the 43rdh that has been held. The Oaklands College site was a new venue for the event as the former site by the Leighton Buzzard bypass was suffering from problems with waterlogged ground over the last few seasons, forcing the committee to find a new site with better ground conditions.
Exhibits and attractionsEdit
- Steam engines
- Working displays
- Vintage Cars
- Commercial vehicles
- Fairground rides & Stalls
- Collectable Models
- Stationary Engines
- Trade stalls
- Club stands.
- craft tent
Add details of the 2010 participants and exhibits here with your photos from the event, please
2009 Steam enginesEdit
List to be updated with attendees and photos from this rally
A Number of 'Model' steam engines were present, but no details/photos were taken.
- If you visited the show or your models were there please add details of them and photos below, thanks.
A number of half size (1/2 scale) models were also present along wit several smaller scall miniature engines.
- Details to follow (or you can add your engine to the list if it was present at this event).
Commercial & Military vehiclesEdit
A number of interesting vehicles were present including these;
- AEC Mandator
- AEC Militant
- Albion Motors Flatbed
- Austin K2, Austin K9 and Austin Champ
- Bedford M, Green Goddess, Bedford O
- Bristol artic
- Diamond T in Pickfords livery
- ERF A series in British Gypsum livery
- Ford Willys GPW (Jeep) & Willys MB
- Morris Commercials LC5
- Scammell Highwayman
- photos to follow later and a few others trucks besides.
A approximately 50 tractor were present (? listed in guide), with a few interesting implements as well. A few interesting examples were mixed in with the usual grey Fergy and Fordsons. A few were well restored examples while others were as found..
- Details to follow. due to the over tight parking and lack of identifying entry numbers on some examples not all were photographed.
- summary list to be replaced by table
- David Brown
- Field Marshall
- Ford-Ferguson (Ford 9N)
- International Harvester
- John Deere
- Le Percheron
- Massey Ferguson
List to be added from photo collection
- Above list with more info to be transferred to the table below with photos
|entry no.||Make||Model no. / type||Reg no.||Serial no. (if known)||year built||Owner||Photo||Misc info|
|?||County||County Super-4||Reg no. ?||County no. ?||?||owner ?||150px]]||Fitted with winch|
|Add any other tractors from this event above here in Entry no order / ABC by make if no number|
|add more entries||by copying block||below and||pasting in||between entries||
|-||Make||Model no.||Reg no. ?||Serial no||Year||Owner ?||150px]]|
This event was formerly known as the Leighton Buzzard Bypass Rally
Please add detail's of any past events if you visited with photos of the exhibits.
- List of steam fairs
- List of Named Vehicles
- List of Vehicles by registration number
- Shows and Meets
- Clubs Listing
References / sourcesEdit
- The show guide 2009
- www.hertssteam.org - Club web site