Refurbished example in the American Museum of Agriculture
|Superseded by||International 15-30|
|Power hp||25 / 30|
|Factories||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA|
Model History Edit
- For Company history see
- Main article: International Harvester Co article
The Titan 12-25 4-cylinder tractor was introduced in 1914. It was smaller than the previous Titan Type D and powered by an L-head 4-cylinder engine. In 1917 it was revised with a more powerful overhead-valve engine and became the Titan 15-30. In 1917 antitrust action against International Harvester forced the company to do away with separate McCormick and Deering dealers selling separate Mogul and Titan tractors. In 1918 the name of the Titan 15-30 was changed to International 15-30
- 1914: Titan 12-25 introduced with L-head 4-cylinder engine
- 1917: Titan 15-30 "round-head" used an overhead-valve engine, new serial number range
- 1918: Titan 15-30 renamed International 15-30, with new serial number range
Factory locations Edit
- Milwaukee Works, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Variations and Options Edit
Serial Numbers Information Edit
|Year||Serial run||Number Built||Notes (Total built 1614).|
|"colspan=4"||Post 1918 became the International 15-30 with new Serial number series|
Little information on any of these tractors in preservation is currently available here.
- One example was seen at Carrington Steam and Tractor Rally 2015 but serial number was not clear on photo taken of it to read. The tractor was in 'Unrestored finish' i.e no paint just a weathered rust patina. It was not seen running by the editor but looked as if it had run recently.
- Do you know of any other examples to list ?
Add extra photos here please.
See also Edit
- Collection related info
- Shows and Meets - events featuring tractors and other machinery
- Clubs Listing - List of clubs including various tractor marques
- Collections - list of private collections with tractors (add yours)
- Museums - includes museums featuring tractors (please add missing ones)
References / Sources Edit
- ↑ Wendel, C. H. 1981. 150 Years of International Harvester, Crestline Publishing Co., Sarasota, Florida. (Titan serial numbers p.411)
External Links Edit