Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Walsh & Clark Ltd of Guiseley Leeds, England. were manufacturers of an early tractor for Ploughing that was similar to the steam ploughing engines set up. A internal combustion engine powered a pair of winches was used to pull a plough back and forth across a field. The system name as Victoria. The tractor was a twin cylinder design that resembled the layout of a steam engine. The design was introduced in 1913 and continued till the mid 1920's. The system went out of popularity when flexible lightweight tractors became more popular, as a means of cultivating.
- The "Victoria" Oil Ploughing Engine - a 2 cylinder horizontal oil (paraffin) engined cable ploughing engine built in the manner of a Steam ploughing engine. superseded by light weight tractors.
- The "Victoria" Oil Engine - 9 hp Single cylinder horizontal oil engine.
- Walsh & Clarke portable oil engine pumps
Please add any know examples, to the table below.
- Six examples were brought together for the 2010 Woolpit Steam rally.
- If you have got any photos from this historic event please add it, as we did not get to that one
- No.s 5038 RH (shown) & no. 5039 LH are in the collection of the Museum of East Anglian Life
- No.s 5045 RH & 5046 LH are in a private collection in England.
- No. ? - Tractor Reg no. GV 9715 ex Peter Fordham collection sold in 2011 by Cheffins
|Make + Model No.||Reg No. |
|Serial No.||Build-Date||Engine-Type/Make||Owner |
|Photo||Were seen/Featured in||Other info|
|"Victoria" oil engine||-||No. 4270||1913||Horizontal portable Oil engine||N. Stonehouse, Scarborough N.Yorks.||At Duncombe Park Steam Rally 2013||A rare example of this make of portable engine|
|'Victoria' Oil Ploughing Engine||-||No. 5038 RH||1920||Cable Ploughing (oil) engine||Museum of East Anglian Life||Woolpit Steam 2009||One of a pair with 5039 LH|
|'Victoria' oil ploughing engine||-||No. 5039 LH||1920||Cable ploughing (oil) engine||Museum of East Anglian Life||
||Not seen||One of a pair with 5038 RH|
|'Victoria' oil ploughing engine||-||no. 5045 LH||1920||Cable ploughing engine||owner ? (not listed in guide)||at Newby Hall Vintage Gathering 2010||one of a pair with 5046 RH|
|Please add any tractor with known reg or serial no. with Photo if possible.|
|Create a page (link) for an individual tractor by linking the reg or serial number using reg number or serial number in the relevant column. Then once saved click the red link to start the new page and add info on that tractor.|
Scale models Edit
- The National archive - contains various leaflets & literature relating to firm.
- Ploughing Engines & Steam engines
- List of Tractor Manufacturers
- Museums List
- Private Collections
- Clubs Listing
- Shows and Meets
References / sourcesEdit