Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The ZIL-131 is a general purpose 3.5 tons 6x6 army truck, the basic model being a general cargo truck. Variants include a tractor-trailer truck, a dump truck, a fuel truck, and a 6x6 for towing a 4-wheeled powered trailer. The ZIL-131 also serves as a platform for the BM-51 "Prima" rocket launcher, a 50-tube variant of the BM-21 "Grad".
The ZIL-131 is part of a family of two trucks sharing identical components by ZiL, which also included the ZIL-130. Both trucks were introduced in 1967. The ZIL-131 6x6 has the same equipment as the GAZ-66 and Ural-375D. Unlike the ZIL-131, the ZIL-130 is intended for civilian use.
- Cab Design: Forward Engine (just like the ZIL-130)
- Seating Capacity (cab): 3
- Payload: 11,020 lb (5,000 kg) plus trailer 11,000 lb (on road), or 7,700 lb (3,500 kg) plus trailer 8,820 lb (4,000 kg) off road.
- Suspension: solid axles with leaf springs.
- Engine: V8 gasoline (carburettor)
- Displacement: 5,969 cc (bore 3.94", stroke 3.74")
- Compression Ratio: 6.5:1.
- Top speed: 50 mph (80 km/h).
- Brakes: drums, with pneumatic control.
- Stopping distance (from 20 mph): 40 ft (12 m)
- Length: 23 ft 1 in (7.04 m)
- Width: 8 ft 2 in (2.49 m)
- Height: 8 ft 2 in (2.49 m) (cab)/ 9 ft 9 in (2.97 m) (transport body)
- Wheel base: 10 ft 10 in (3.30 m)+4 ft 7 in (1.40 m)
- Track front/rear: 6 ft (1.83 m)/5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
- Tire measures: 12.00x20
- Manoeuvrability: turning circle 33'5.6", approach angle 36 deg., departure angle 40 deg., max. ascent angle 31 deg (with 3,750 kg (8,267 lb) load)., ground clearance 13 in (330 mm), overcome ford 4 ft 7 in (1.4 m)
- Curb weight: 14,770 lb (6,700 kg).
- Tires: 305R20
- Tire Pressure: 7.1-60 p.s.i.(remote controlled).
- Fuel tanks: 2x45 gal.
- Fuel economy: 3.6 mpg-US (65 L/100 km/4.3 mpg-imp) (city), 150 to 200 liters/100 km (cross-country).
- Price $7,300 to $8,300 American. (When?)
- cargo/ tractor/ etc
- load: 7.05 m (cargo), width: 2.5 m (98 in), height: 2.5 m (98 in) (cab)
- turning radius: 10.5 m (34 ft)
- transmission: 5 m, 2-speed transfer case
- English speaking Russian truck resource with forum, useful downloads and photos
- AMO ZIL official website
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at ZIL-131. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons by Attribution License and/or GNU Free Documentation License. Please check page history for when the original article was copied to Wikia|